Skotty58, Looking at your config file I think you have some pin out conflict going on. Under output signals make a red X in the first Enable1 row. In the motor outputs change the Dir pin from 1 to 16. Now make sure you have the wiring set up correct. Run a ground from the BOB to the DAC and be sure to jump it to all the negative marked inputs on the DAC. Pin 17 goes to + output enable, pin 14 goes to + step and pin 16 goes to + Dir.
Ok thanks for the help. Im burning an image now and it seems to be working correctly.
I was half way through the 1st image when the machine decided to hang. I'll post an image here when its done.
I tried to lower the Z so the laser was 3" above the wood but all that did was muddy the image. So I raised it and sped up the federate and its burning good. Hope this one doesn't stop again. Burning onto luan ¼ ply seems to work well ATM.
I left the Pins as I had them but changed the Low enable.
It is working now and engraving at a federate of 400. The burning on Luan pretty much sucks. I don't have any birch yet, but the hard backer board flooring seems to work well. Last night I found my steps were too high causing the images to be enlarged. FIXED. I did a test burn on and started with a high feed rate and let it go for a bit and lowered it until It appeared like a good return burn. So depending on the wood it should be between 400 and 300.
Burned with different feed rates. At 300 seems to be a good burn
Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 9.51.26 AM.jpg (353.02 KiB) Viewed 17197 times
Imperial units are inches. When the 2.8W J-tech laser is focused properly, the burn line width is around .006", so you would need a Pixel Resolution (step over) setting of .006". You will have to resize your image in the editor with the Adjust Image Size Auto selection, input .006 for the Pixel Resolution and adjust the Width or Height until it shows the Engraving Size you desire.
I put a dab of hot glue on the lens threads to help lock them in and got it focused but I was at 4" Z height and it wasn't burning 100% correctly. So when I tried to refocus it, the lens was stuck and the adjustment knob came off. Anyway, I have it all fixed now at 3" and the pic below with the dot shows my dot size ATM. Ive done all that you suggested in regards to pixel size and Ive adjusted the motor outputs get the right scale and heres what I'm getting.
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 11.54.28 AM.jpg (77.44 KiB) Viewed 17169 times
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 12.05.23 PM.jpg (280.57 KiB) Viewed 17169 times
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 11.53.21 AM.jpg (170.46 KiB) Viewed 17169 times