Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 Kib.
Derrick

laser crashing past 0,0

Postby Derrick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi,

I am not sure what settings I have set wrong. Every time I send a file to my Emblaser 1 the laser goes past the 0,0 (lower left corner) and keeps crashing into the edge. I went on their forums and saw in a thread that you replied to that there was a fix for stopping this. You did not however post it in that thread (It was a side discussion) and I can't find it any where. Can you please provide the link? Sorry for making you do this twice.

D

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: laser crashing past 0,0

Postby Picengravertoo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi Derrick,

Are you using the Center as the Initial Image Zero in PicEngrave Pro 5, or the Lower Left corner? If your using Center and have not zeroed the X&Y axis with PicSender in the work area far enough from the lower left travel limits after Homing, it will crash into the Edge. Or, if your using the Lower Left as the Initial Image Zero and using the Extended Edge in PEP5 without zeroing the X&Y axis with PicSender far enough in the work area after Homing, it will crash also.

The EmBlaser's grbl has a Startup Block value that Zeros the X&Y axis at the lower left corner of the work area every time you connect to the Com Port & Home it. Have you changed that Startup Block value so grbl will save where you zeroed the X&Y axis previously in the work area every time you connect to the Com Port with PicSender and Home the EmBlaser?

There is allot of information about the Startup Block values in the old DL forum here:

http://forum.darklylabs.com/index.php?p ... rtup+block

Jeff

Derrick

Re: laser crashing past 0,0

Postby Derrick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks for the link Jeff. yes I was starting in the corner. I haven't used the software in a while and just got a couple of Christmas ideas. I will read through the link and see where my mistake was made. I know I had it working previously but I have since changed PC's and had to restart from scratch.

D

Return to “PicEngrave Pro 5 or 6”