Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 Kib.
bryanmaple

Poor output, suggestions requested!!

Postby bryanmaple » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:56 am

Greetings,

I've been away from my laser project for awhile, and I'm trying to get things going again for the holidays. Having some major issues with the quality of items that I'm getting.

Over the summer I purchased a used delta printer and I moved my Jtech laser over to that printer. I have the laser working, but still feel like there are some major issues, so I'm hoping someone can help.

I've attached some images to this post which should explain what problems I'm having. Okay, well I tried attaching some pictures. No matter what file I chose, it kept telling me it was too large, even though it was a 500x500 image that was 46kb in size. Just pointing that out so someone can take a look at the problem.

Here is a link to a shared folder on my Google drive so you can see the pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

As you can see from the image, the final product is very poor quality. Working on this as a Christmas gift for a friend from church. Hoping someone knows the answers to what is going on here.

Thanks,

Bryan

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Poor output, suggestions requested!!

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for pointing out the file attachment size issue. It was set wrong and I fixed it.

Are you dithering your image in the editor to ensure it's pure B&W? If the text is a gray shade, the laser will not go to full laser power. Also does your J-Tech laser have the single element glass lens? If so, the focal point will not be quite a round spot. It's more of a oval shape. You may need to orient the Laser's divergence beam parallel to your engraving angle to get a sharper burn. Instructions how to correct this including focusing instructions can be found here on page 19.

viewforum.php?f=16

Jeff

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: Poor output, suggestions requested!!

Postby Picengraver » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:11 am

Jeff is correct about the file. Lots of gray shades.
Attachments
image.bmp
image.bmp (295.59 KiB) Viewed 4338 times

Return to “PicEngrave Pro 5 or 6”