Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 Kib.
Graham

Step Over errors

Postby Graham » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:30 am

Not sure how to word this error correctly. However, I have been engraving photos reasonably successful (hit and miss) for a little while. 2 weeks ago I began to get single either missing or heavily burnt etched lines across my photo engravings. becoming more frequent. The lines are usually either at the bottom of the photo or 2/3rds of the way up. I have asked Domenic from Darkly Labs if they have had others with similar but at this time nothing but he is going to look at the GCode of one of the file for me. He suggested perhaps someone here may have an idea as to the cause. My original settings with success are:

Emblaser 1 A3 - 4W

Feed - 130 in/min
FRC - 20 -25%
Max - 240 - 230
Min - 5
Res - 0.006

I was using a Step over of 0.1 much earlier when I first bought my laser but had problems with noticeable lines across finished images. I have since changed again on the advice of Domenic from 0.006 imperial to 0.007 and had success with 1 image so far. However I would still like to know if this could be either Software, Hardware or OS related, I hate puzzles.

Any suggestions extremely appreciated thank you.

First two images contain line errors, 3rd is of new settings with no errors

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LMqSyvph8PLTFuU92

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Step Over errors

Postby Picengravertoo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:53 am

Hi Graham,

Read John's explanation in this thread what it could be.

https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... -the-image

And check your bearings and see if there getting loose in the housings like this.

https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... happening-

Jeff

Graham

Postby Graham » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:38 am

Thanks for that Jeff, either link could well be the answer. I believe I may have to spend a few days and do a complete rebuild of the laser and Laptop. just to make sure either one is not the cause. I have no breaks in the bearing housings but there could be a minor bend in one or both of the running rails as the fault always appears in roughly the same areas. As for the interference from the OS, well thats always a possibility ....sigh......managed to engrave another image this arvo and again had a missing line so far 1 good photo 1 with an error.

Thanks again Jeff for the quick and helpful response. very much appreciated. will post back as soon as I find the culprit hopefully

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:54 am

Graham,

I had all of my bearings loosen up in the housings without the plastic cracking. They just wallered out over time, got loose and I had to Gorilla glue the bearings back in place.

Anther thing is, I greased the inside of the bearings where the balls are instead of just greasing the rods. The seals don't let the grease in, but if you grease them inside, the seals keeps it in.

Return to “PicEngrave Pro 5 or 6”