Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Honk

Z axis loosing steps

Postby Honk » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Jeff
I have rebuilt my Z axis and installed linear bearing and it now works a lot better than raising and lowering the table. (for PL3D) I have been testing it to adjust the burn gray shades and I believe it is having the same problem my A Axes had with this smooth stepper.(seems to be missing steps) You suggested a new stepper driver which made the problem go away. However, I have been searching for the info you sent me and do not seem to be able to find it (anywhere). I think I will change all of the drivers this time. Could you please send me that Link again? (unless you have a better one). The problem seems to be I am unable to raise the Velocity and Acceleration enough to not leave dark lines when the Z axis is moving up and down.
tojeff.jpg
tojeff.jpg (64.48 KiB) Viewed 3761 times

Jeffery Jr.
Thanks for the help. I used the same files with the same settings, no changes and redo it at the start from PEP5 sometimes it takes two or three times but it finely works. The next time I have to do and it doesn't work, I'll save the files to send you. I have been making a lot of feed rate, % feed rate change and Min.3rd Axis Depth to adjust it. I'm getting close I think
Thanks again Jerry

Honk

Re: Z axis loosing steps

Postby Honk » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:12 pm

I found the stepper driver number, TB6600 0.2 - DC 5A Stepper Motor Driver, unless you have a better one. Thanks
Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Z axis loosing steps

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi Jerry,

Sorry I missed your thread here. :oops:

This is the driver I used to fix my loss step issue which is the one you mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DLZ ... 83J9SQ9XAN

Jeff

Return to “Hardware Discussions”