Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
ErwinTuijtel

Re: X Carve with laser and Picengraver - only black results

Postby ErwinTuijtel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:23 am

I have double checked the unpakking of the HEX and this was okay. Just to be sure I downloaded it again and unpacked it. I also checked it the port was open. Xloader also gives a message if the port was close. I restarted the X-Controller and it is open. The programm really freezes when it status is in updating.

The strange thing is that I am able to controll my machine via de regular way. Only for this update I am struggling.

Hope there are some more tricks!

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:48 am

It may be a Windows emulator issue with X-Loader, so try this to flash the firmware on your Mac instead. http://buildaweso.me/project/2014/10/19 ... o-on-a-mac

If that does not work, try the Official grbl 1.1f hex. https://github.com/gnea/grbl/releases It has both spindle/laser support also and you set it up the same as Larry's MultiMode grbl for PicSender.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:05 am

A quick search turned up these links. I do not know if they will help you with your issue. I am not clear if you are using an Arduino Uno and GShiield, or the newer Inventables' X-Controller.

http://www.instructables.com/id/A-solut ... ot-in-syn/
http://arduino.stackexchange.com/questi ... 00-getsync

John

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:11 am

John,

If you read his first post, he stated he's using a X-Controller.

ErwinTuijtel

Postby ErwinTuijtel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:40 am

Indeed I use a X-Controller.

I have read the instructions John gave. The only thing I cannot reproduce on my windows 10 machine is the driver. When I plug-in my X-Controller it inmideately detects the port and sets it as a USB Serial Port (COM3). When I manually want to overwrite the drivers for the arduino's drivers it fails. Windows gives a message like 'My drivers are better'.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:52 am

"When I manually want to overwrite the drivers for the arduino's drivers it fails. Windows gives a message like 'My drivers are better'."

What does this mean? Please explain what you are trying to do. The Arduino IDE already contains the required drivers. You should not have to update any drivers, just load a new hex file into the controller.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:51 am

Maybe he should download and install the latest Arduino driver.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

ErwinTuijtel

Postby ErwinTuijtel » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:39 pm

I have installed the latest set of software. When I do the upload step by step discribes by inventables it still won't upload. This is the message I get.

I have asked Inventables to look into it. I hope they can help.

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Mac OS X), Board:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from /Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/grbl.h:43:0,
from /Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/examples/grblUpload/grblUpload.ino:27:
/Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/nuts_bolts.h:25:0: warning: "false" redefined
#define false 0
^
In file included from /Users/Tuijtel/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:24:0,
from sketch/grblUpload.ino.cpp:1:
/Users/Tuijtel/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/include/stdbool.h:42:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define false false
^
In file included from /Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/grbl.h:43:0,
from /Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/examples/grblUpload/grblUpload.ino:27:
/Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/nuts_bolts.h:26:0: warning: "true" redefined
#define true 1
^
In file included from /Users/Tuijtel/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:24:0,
from sketch/grblUpload.ino.cpp:1:
/Users/Tuijtel/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/include/stdbool.h:43:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define true true
^
/Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/nuts_bolts.h:54:0: warning: "max" redefined
#define max(a,b) (((a) > (b)) ? (a) : (b))
^
In file included from sketch/grblUpload.ino.cpp:1:0:
/Users/Tuijtel/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:93:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define max(a,b) ((a)>(b)?(a):(b))
^
/Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/nuts_bolts.h:55:0: warning: "min" redefined
#define min(a,b) (((a) < (b)) ? (a) : (b))
^
/Users/Tuijtel/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:92:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define min(a,b) ((a)<(b)?(a):(b))
^
/Users/Tuijtel/Documents/Arduino/libraries/grbl/nuts_bolts.h:58:0: warning: "bit" redefined
#define bit(n) (1 << n)
^
/Users/Tuijtel/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:123:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define bit(b) (1UL << (b))
^
De schets gebruikt 32254 bytes (99%) programma-opslagruimte. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Globale variabelen gebruiken 1507 bytes (73%) van het dynamisch geheugen. Resteren 541 bytes voor lokale variabelen. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:56 pm

I thought you would need to install the Windows version of the Arduino software & driver, but I have no experience with a Mac to understand how the emulator works.

ErwinTuijtel

Postby ErwinTuijtel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 am

Thank you for your comment. I have tried also on different PC/laptops with windows. All have the same problem.

After some mail back and forward, Inventables addressed it as a corrupt boot loader. So the board needs te be exchanged. This morning I send a mail to Robosavvy. Hopefully they act as fast as Inventables.

Can't wait to laser carve my first picture :wink:.

Return to “CNC Controller Discussions”