My new 6W

Show us the machines your using with our Pic Software.
Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: My new 6W

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Jerry,

The J-Tech LaserMode firmware is grbl 9G, not 9J. It's the one we have for download here on the main forum page that will run the S commands in real time, but does not run arc or G00 commands. It's for raster laser engraving photos.

For vector cutting you need the grbl 9J because it will run the arc and G00 commands. The Max S command is 12000 instead of 255.

Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi Jeff
I'm pretty sure, you know, I'm not the sharpest chisel in the tool box and this is probably something that should be left to someone a little quicker than me but I'm stubborn. I have tried to flash the 9J to the Arduino Quite a few times but it only comes up 9G. Is 9G the one on the forum page? If yes where do I get 9J? If no I am doing something wrong? If I get 9J to run does that mean I will need to change it back to 9G to raster engrave photos? The reason I thought it was J is the way you look at a glance 9g J tech looks like 9J unless you stop and actually read it. SORRY

I tried it with the Computer Network turned off, it still locked up. I did check and turned off Power Management for USB and also I turned back on Windows Defender and set it to Optional still locked up. I am at this point only trying to raster laser engrave photos so 9G should be fine. Before I did this change I did try to do some I and J moves from BobCad and they seemed to be okay in 9G, I wasn't lasing, Just driving X and Y. Could this have messed something up?

One last question (for now) When using 9J is the S12000 for maximum power? If I set it to S255 things won't be quite as bright, right? (oops that's 2 questions)
Thanks again Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Jerry,
I posted the link to the grbl 9J download in this thread. It takes S0-S12000 commands for the PWM.

viewtopic.php?f=14&p=1555#p1555

The J-Tech grbl 9G on this forums main page is for raster engraving photos with S0-S255 commands. It also has a grbl setting that will not let it move if not set to $14=1.

If your trying to run arc commands with the J-Tech grbl it may lock up.

Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Jeff
I saw that but I wasn't, sure what it meant. I opened the page but it was a large page of numbers and letters and I didn't know what to do. I know how to do it with a hex file but I didn't know what that was so I just kept searching. I think I am getting this figured out so bear with me please!
Thanks Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Right click and save as to where the other grbl is on your PC. Then remove the .txt from the end of the file so it just has .hex

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/grbl/ ... 115200.hex

Honk

Postby Honk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Thanks Jeff
That did it. Now all I need to figure out is what is making it lock up.
Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Have you downloaded the latest version of PS? If there is an error in the gcode, it will tell you what it is.

http://www.picengrave.com/PicSender.htm

Honk

Postby Honk » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:40 am

Jeff
Yes I have the Latest PS. There doesn't seem to be an error in the G code it is random stops. I turned the limits off in grbl, I tried it with the internet off, I tried it with an old G code file that worked fine before I did this fix. (un-fix) I am using grbl v0.9G I can't help thinking I have something messed up here.
circuit.jpg
circuit.jpg (76.5 KiB) Viewed 9635 times

I also added 3, .47 uf electrolytic capacitors. The minus side on ground (green) and the plus at the resistors on the limit switch side(Black, Blue, Gray). This might be a spot for a major mess-up, there are about 50 ways to do this on the internet. I also rewired the limit switches with 2 wine shielded cable, grounded shield at on end only.
Thanks Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:59 am

Jerry,

You should be using ceramic capacitors, not electrolytic. No resisters either. I'm not an expert at this because I don't use limit switches, so maybe John will chime in with some wisdom. ;)

Jeff

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Agree with Jeff. Use 0.1uf ceramic capacitors. If it is a limit switch trip, either a mechanical trip or an electrical noise, PS should display a message at the top right of the screen.
John

Return to “Show us your Machines”