Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
davet354tfd

Error 33

Postby davet354tfd » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:32 pm

Have been getting an error 33 while trying to carve today.

This is not a complicated carve. I am using V-Carve and everything looks fine there.
I have run this carve 3 times now and it stops in the exact same place every time. After each stoppage I have gone back into V-Carve and resaved the tool paths.

Then ran it after and get the error in the same spot.

The line # is 9146.

I don't have any idea what is wrong or where to start looking.

For some reason the gcode files are showing as notepad now.
I tried to attach the file and it said it was an invalid file extension. How do I fix this now too?

Thanks

Bob
:?

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: Error 33

Postby Picengraver » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Bob,
What version of VCarve are you using?
You may be having the problem VCarve has with some post-processors - Error 33 sounds like it could be.

All gcode file are plain text files, and will open usually with text editors like Notepad if the file is double-clicked on.

Forum restrictions may be preventing you from posting the complete gcode file here because it is too large. Can you post a few lines before and after line #9146 in your code? Or better, you can send the complete file to me at: picengraveATverizon.net (replace the AT with @).
John

davet354tfd

Postby davet354tfd » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:12 pm

V-Carve version 10.509. Sorry, meant to put that in the original post.

File will be sent

Bob

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:47 am

Followup: Appears to be the long-experienced Vectric post processor/grbl problem with G2/G3 gcode commands.
Solution is to use a post processor file that does not use G2/G3 commands, IMO.
John Champlain

ewilkfamily

Postby ewilkfamily » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:33 pm

I am also experiencing a work stoppage generally about same point with an Alarm:1 display.
Is there a way to restart picseder from stop point? This is my fourth attempt at carving this file, please help

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 pm

There is a way to restart in some cases, but it does require familiarity and understanding of gcode. You need to identify a place in the gcode file before the last line carved, where the Z command is positive (bit above the material), and delete all the previous lines from that point in the file back to the gcode header commands and the setup commands at the beginning of the file. The header commands and setup commands must not be deleted.

Alarm:1 is a hard limit alarm. If you are sure an axis did not hit a limit switch, then you may be experiencing electrical interference. It is likely to continue if you can not eliminate the interference cause, or stop using hard limits. This is a very common problem with Arduino/grbl control systems, and seems worse in low humidity instances. For this reason I only use soft limits on my machines.

Return to “PicSender”