Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Marcelo

Mach3 With PicEngrave Pro5 First Step

Postby Marcelo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Dear Friends:
It is my pleasure to say hello again. I have a beautiful 4 axis cnc machine controlled by mach3. To this beautiful machine. I want to incorporate all the excellent features I got with PicEngrave Pro 5 (PEP5) with GRBL and Picsender. According to what I have been able to read. It is necessary to incorporate the PicConvert ™ (DAC + PWM) Converter Board. Unfortunately I do not have the necessary resources. It does not exist using the TTL Laser or Mach3 TTL option. Can this objective be achieved? I have broken my head trying all possible configurations without good results. For this reason I come to you.

Best regards and many blessings to you !!!

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: Mach3 With PicEngrave Pro5 First Step

Postby Picengraver » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Marcelo,
Mach3 will not work well with a laser for gray scale engraving images, but it can work to engrave dithered images using Mach3's built in commands. The PicConvert board is only necessary if you want to send a variable PWM signal to a laser.

I am not clear on what it is that you exactly want to do?
John Champlain

Marcelo

Postby Marcelo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Dear john. As always thank you very much for your kind and always support soon. I wish I could do any laser job in mach3. Raster and vector. It doesn't matter if I can't grayscale. I currently have the laser configured with the PWM output of the spindle. With this I can control the laser power. But somehow the program does not work well. it takes too much time. And the laser does not move continuously. I don't know how with PicEngrave Pro 5 (PEP5) I can achieve this goal. Or what adjustments in mach3 should I make to succeed.

Best regards and all my thanks.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:37 am

Marcelo,
If you are not already a member of the Mach3 forum, please join and read through this post (https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index ... ic=12444.0). It is a long one, but full of very good information and help for using Mach3 and lasers, both CO2 and laser diodes.

Return to “CNC Controller Discussions”