No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: Continuously Jog

Postby Picengraver » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:44 am

Joe,
I have sent you an email with a link to my personal Dropbox folder containing a test version of PicSender. We are having some unknown problems getting this test version uploaded to our web site. I am not sure the test version addresses your issues with Continuous Jog as I can not replicate your issue here with my test machine.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:03 pm

PicSender version 3.4.1 is released today for download and installation. Fixes a metric bug, and an obscure homing bug.

Hosoff

Postby Hosoff » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:50 pm

So the test file did not solve the problem. I also completely uninstalled PicSender and reinstalled using the new version from the site and still the continuous jog does not work.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:17 am

Thanks for the update. My apology for the late reply. Unfortunately I have been unable to replicate your jogging issue. I'm sure there is a solution, but without the ability to make it happen here, I am stumped at this time. We have had no other users reporting this issue to date, so I am wondering if I am missing something maybe unique in your setup. I will do more testing later today with your grbl settings installed on my working machine to see what I might find. Can you email me some pictures of your machine and its controls/wiring/etc? They might be of some help in my testing. Thank you.

EDIT: Joe, please forget my picture request. I saw enough I think by watching your video again. So far when testing with your settings installed on my test machine, the only thing I find so far is your Z axis works backwards from mine. But that is not an issue, simply a minor difference in settings. I will post more later.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:58 am

I just noticed something in your video. Please try this test for me.
1 - Home your machine after connecting with PicSender.
2 - Click the blue Zero X/Y/Z buttons beside the DROs to set the DROs to zero (0.000).
3 - Try Continuous Jog. Does it work?

Thanks.
Edit: Email also sent.

Hosoff

Postby Hosoff » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:59 am

I’m really stumped on this as well. I’m not sure why our Zs are different. I just double checked the wiring to my Demon controller and it’s all correct.

Also, I just tried homing the machine and zeroing the XYZ as you suggested and still no luck. Only the Z axis moves with the box checked.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:46 am

Thank you. I do not have a Demon controller, but that should not matter. My test machine is running the same grbl you are (1.1f) and I even used your grbl settings (except for $3=6 - I have to use $3=2 to reverse the Z axis).

Doing more testing. Will post back later.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Sorry Joe, I can find nothing in PicSender to cause you not to be able to use continuous jog with your X/Y axes. I did fix a couple of more things I found and have posted version 3.4.2 for downloading and updating. Please try it when you can and let me know how it does. I am not giving up and will get back to you later.

Hosoff

Postby Hosoff » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 pm

That is. I’ll download the new version. Some things to note that shouldn’t make a difference but may help in some way. I used to use this computer to run a Shapeoko but have since uninstalled Carbide Motion (maybe there’s some files remaining that cause an issue?) I also used UGS before switching to PicSender but that just ran on Java so there shouldn’t be much overlap there either. Other than that and a virus scanner there isn’t anything installed on the computer.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:58 am

Thank you, Joe. I have just emailed you a link to a another test version.

Return to “PicSender”